Spiritual Non-Fiction posted October 11, 2021 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Your light sweeps away the darkness

A chapter in the book Walking On The Dark Side

A Multitude of Prayers

by Begin Again


“Please help me.” Unlike days before, my pleading voice is faint, and it falters as the words slip across my dry, cracked lips. “I know you are there.”
 
Inside, CBS Morning News with Anne-Marie Greene offers world events, but the television screen really serves as a night light in the dark. Outside, early morning traffic and the neighborhood are waking up to another day. Oblivious to the nightmare unfolding inside my home, everyday life continues on its way.
 
Standing in the solitude of morning, I pray, “Dear Lord, forgive me, but I am blind as I walk this path of darkness. My heart breaks with each breath as I stumble, searching for your answer. A sea of despair cloaks my family as they gather together, lost and terrified of what’s to come. As I stand between the parted sea, I believe I am safe within your arms, but a stray thought worries the walls will fall, and we all shall drown.”
 
“Innocent, yet still ashamed, I can not expose the truth except to you. I know I must wait, but I fear for my family. The wheels of justice grind slowly and often come off track. A plan set in motion by anger, misguided suggestions, and mental confusion has grown a life of its own, smothering us in its wake.”
 
“I do not pray for immediate answers, nor do I doubt that you hear my prayers. Instead, I pray for strength as I tremble with my weakness. As these dark hours surround us, I know somewhere the light remains. Protect my family and shield them from all we can not control.”
 
As tears of desperation brush my cheeks, I whisper a final plea, “Light a candle for me as I struggle to find the way. Amen.”
 
Sitting at my computer, I find my lifeline and begin to compose a prayer, knowing my friends are there. I close my eyes and imagine the flickering candles they share. For a moment, my heart embraces their warmth, and my strength returns. I am blessed.

 



Share Your Story contest entry

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.