Romance Poetry posted October 9, 2021 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 6 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
We met in church, and the rest is history.

A chapter in the book Journey of Faith

Sweet, Faithful Love

by Mary Kay Bonfante


You dazzled me

with forever love.




6 Word Poetry contest entry

Recognized

#39
October
2021


My husband's admiration and love never waned, over a 17-year period, while I kept him at arm's length, sometimes as a sweetheart, mostly as a friend; then, when I finally consented to marry him, he was shocked. We were married after the better part of two more years, and had a spectacular wedding. We've now been married for 17 years ...

We're no longer young, but we knew each other when we were; what great memories we have! We have "forever" love, because God's everlasting love lives in our hearts. To God be the glory!

"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord."
Proverbs 18:22 NIV
I think the same is true for finding a husband, but this should be understood in the context of this verse:
"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies."
Proverbs 31:10 NIV
I always want to be this kind of a wife for my husband, because there's another kind of wife:
"It's better to live alone in the desert than with a quarrelsome, complaining wife."
Proverbs 21:19 NLT
Also:
"A quarrelsome wife is like the dripping of a leaky roof in a rainstorm;"
Proverbs 27:15 NIV
I don't want to be a nag, and I'm not just horsing around.

"9 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 NIV

These verses are often quoted in marriage ceremonies. The three strands referred to in verse 12 are understood to indicate the husband, the wife and God. In a Christian marriage (and probably in many faiths), God is considered the true head of the marriage. I have seen it represented by ministers as a triangle, which lends the marriage stability as it stands on its base: the upper point is God, and the two lower points are the husband and wife.

These are all Old Testament references. The New Testament also has excellent references to marriage, and to love, generally, but I won't include them, for brevity's sake. We are all to love one another, and by remembering this in our marriage, we can't go wrong.

I know ... a six word poem, and so many notes about it! I never said I was a QUIET wife.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mary Kay Bonfante All rights reserved.
Mary Kay Bonfante has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.