Spiritual Non-Fiction posted September 30, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My testimony grew on my LDS Mission.

The Best 17 Months Of My Life

by pookietoo



I was excited to get my mission call. When I received my call, it said I was called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints in the Melbourne Australia Mission for a period of 18 months. I had never been out of the United States before. I was excited, and I couldn't wait to find out what my mission adventures there would be. When my mission president, President Daniel Hurst told me before one of our zone conferences I would be staying in the San Bernardino Mission, I cried A LOT. I was also told in a priesthood blessing I wasn't meant to serve in Australia in the first place.

I had several special companions and friends on my mission. They are my eternal friends. I trained Amy Buehner and Julianne Brown for three months. They were called to serve missions in Spain, but they didn't make it there. During the first few months, I doubted my testimony. I was told never to doubt my testimony. I was also told I had a testimony when I came on my mission. I believe my testimony grew very strong on my mission.

The person I was together with the longest was Kimberly Greene. She trained me for two months. We served in Yucaipa for several months. We had the chance to know Brother and Sister Whelan very well. We had dinner with them several times.

I enjoyed getting to know the elders on our mission too. I served in five different areas. The other places I served were Hemet, Apple Valley, Corona, and Rancho Cucamonga. I had a great mission president. His wife was very humble and quiet. Both of them had a great impact on my life.

I had the chance to teach many people about the church I was a member of. I taught them about the scriptures and principles of the Gospel that would change their lives forever. It was so neat when they knew what we taught them were true. They felt the spirit of the Holy Ghost and wanted to be baptized a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. Their baptisms were so special. I know they felt peace and knew they made the right decision by being baptized. The quote by Maya Angelou is definitely true. "I've learned that people won't remember what you said, but they will never forget how they made you feel."

I was exactly where I needed to be with the people who needed me to be there.

We had a mission song called "Stand Tall." I can't remember all of the song, but part if it goes like this: "Stand tall, stand tall, building bonds that won't break. touching hearts, changing lives with every step you take. "Stand tall, stand tall for the chosen are few, stand tall, stand tall, in all that you do."

I am so glad I served a mission for my church. I know God was with me every step of the way. My mission was cut short by a month. After I came home, I could honestly say it was the best 17 months of my life.

In the last 30 years, my testimony has grown by leaps and bounds. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and his Atonement. I love the scriptures. I know we should feast on them. I am so grateful for this beautiful world, my family, and my friends. I am so grateful for priesthood blessings. I had several on my mission. My husband has given me several blessings in the last few years.



The time of my life: writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story. The topic is: The best time you ever had in your life. It can be as an adult or as a child. Please keep it clean. Minimum length 100 words. Maximum Length 4,000 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.