Essay Non-Fiction posted September 24, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
an invitation... Really!

Every Dark Thing

by DeboraDyess


Hi, all~
Several months ago, AJ McCall and I began to discuss the possibility of creating a horror anthology with writers from FanStory. I, as usual, put my hand in too many pots and got distracted. So now, at the last hour, I'm going to try to follow through with that idea.
Anyone who'd like to be a part of this may submit two short stories. (Please, no more than that - we want a good, diverse group.)
I have an editor who has promised to read through them and pick the best 28-51 pages of stories. Meaning, of course, that if they're all 1-page stories, there will be at least 28. If the stories are longer, there will be fewer. And, what that also means is that my own stories might get bumped! lol
Please consider word count and page length when submitting. We're going for punch, not verbiage. Think of one of the contests here that require 75, 100, or fewer than 500 words. I realize not all stories can be told in those few words and that some require a bit more. But keep it to just a BIT more, please.
You will get:
a byline!
As many books as you'd like at publishing cost (usually less than $3.00 plus shipping). Because I'm a poor ol' gal, I'll need that payment upfront -- sorry!
Bragging rights!
If there are profits, I'll divide them among us each quarter. If there's not enough to worry about, I'll do it every six months. (Don't expect to make much $$! lol)

And feel free to start marketing with your friends and family, social media, etc. as soon as you get a thumbs up on your tale. :)
I hope this will be a lot of fun for all of us. :)

Again, no guarantees for any of us on whose stories will be chosen for the final cut, but give it a shot!

I threw this cover together this morning and it might not be the final cover... just wanted to let y'all know that in case you're recoiling in disgust. lol




If you know a FS author who's put up a chilling horror story, forward this to them! I'd love to get a couple of dozen of us involved.
Any questions? PLEASE send a PM instead of a reply. Replies are harder for me to read and I'm in the mood to be a little lazy. :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DeboraDyess All rights reserved.
DeboraDyess has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.