Spiritual Non-Fiction posted September 20, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a contest entry

Forgive

by pharp

Write What Something Means To You Contest Winner 



























To forgive meant letting go of all the bitterness and hatred that was consuming my life.

When I look over my life and how God has been with me every step of the way, I realize how blessed I am. I know we should never look back, but there are times we must share with others about a loving God who will take you just as you are. He will give you perfect peace and love and will show you grace and mercy.


Having traveled a road of loneliness, bitterness, and hatred, I was slowly dying. No one knew what I was going through. I went to work daily with a smile on my face, but I was crying and broken on the inside. I was very good at hiding all the hurt and pain from my family and friends. The stress of being bitter and carrying hatred in my heart caused me to be sick all of the time. I was constantly in and out of the hospital for one reason or another. Yet, God's grace and mercy always showed up (at the time, I did not know that I was under His grace).


I didn't know much about God's ways; the church I attended didn't teach God's word. There was a lot of preaching but no teaching. I attended church, but I was not there in spirit and truth. I was walking in darkness. When you are not in true fellowship with God, you are fooling yourself and going through the affliction of being deceived. Being used and hurt is a terrible feeling; making yourself sick because of someone else's sin is worse. I was not without sin, but I was spiritually blind.

God will allow you to go through a storm to bring you safely out of the storm.


When I finally realized the person who caused all this hurt and pain was moving on with her life, I was deep in hatred, sickness, and pity. I finally sought help from God. I got on my knees and asked God to fix me, save me from myself and all of my sins. I can remember it today as I did years ago when God instructed me to forgive those who had caused me harm. He knows our hearts; there is nothing we can hide. He knew forgiving this person was going to be very hard for me. I was instructed by God to call this person and to say, "I forgive you." I thought to myself, I can't do that (not knowing God could hear my thoughts). He said, "Then how can I forgive you for your sins?" I immediately got on the phone and called this person and said, "I forgive you for what you have done."


She never said she was sorry, but that was just fine. On that day, God had taken away all the resentment, hatred, and pain. I became a new creature in Christ. I joined a church where the word of God was taught. More importantly, I accepted Christ in my life, repented of all my sins. I now read God's word for myself and seek the revelation of His word from Jesus Christ. Having the capacity to forgive has forever restored and changed my life.


Writing Prompt
Write A Story in About 500 Words About What A Certain Word Means To You

Write What Something Means To You
Contest Winner


Thanks, Google Images, for the use of the artwork.


Matthew 6:14-15
14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Proverbs 10:12
12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Ephesians 4:32
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ�??????�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s sake hath forgiven you

Ephesians 1:7
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Luke 17:3-4
3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. 4 And if he trespasses against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Romans 3:23
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

1 John 1:9
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pharp All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
pharp has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.