General Non-Fiction posted September 17, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What I Love About the Sunshine

Sunshine

by pookietoo



Why do I love the word sunshine? When I think of "sunshine", I think of love, joy, hope, peace. When I look up and see the sun shine bright high in the skies, it helps me remember how much God loves us and that he is watching over us. His love is everywhere. When the sun shines over the bodies of water, the water looks beautiful. I think it looks so cool when the sun peeks through the rain clouds. The sun can help chase our blues away. A great quote by Helen Keller: "Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows." When you see the sun shine after a loved one passes away, you know that they are watching over us.

When I was baptized a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the song "There Is Sunshine In My Soul Today" was played. In the hymn, one of the things it mentions is that Jesus Is our light. This reminds me of the verse in the King James Bible that says: "Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalms 46:10) In 2 Nephi 2:25 it says: "Men are that they might have joy." In Matthew 5:14 it says: "Let your light shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Sometimes when I listen to some of my favorite songs, I feel God's love shine through my body so strongly. It is such an overwhelming feeling. In John 8:12 Jesus says: "I am the light of the world." I love flowers. There are different kinds of flowers, particularly sunflowers that grow well in the full sunlight. There are several vegetables that enjoy the sunlight. I also love the fact that sunlight boosts our mood and concentration. It may enhance our ability to learn.

I do my best to be a ray of sunshine in my friends' lives by sharing the poems and stories I write on facebook. I also share my testimony and my love for God. I share my poems with the hope that they will uplift my friends and family and bring sunshine into their lives. I also share my favorite songs that I feel will touch the heart and soul of others like they touch mine. Two songs I love with sunshine in the title are "Sunshine On My Shoulders" by John Denver and "Walking In the Sunshine." by Roger Miller.

My mom and dad sang: "You Are My Sunshine" often at family reunions. They sang well together. My dad played it on his harmonica at the Jensen family reunion a year before he passed away. My sister and I sang this song at the last Jensen family reunion in honor of my dad. I sure miss hearing him play this song.



Write What Something Means To You writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write A Story in About 500 Words About What A Certain Word Means To You
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.