Essay Non-Fiction posted September 7, 2021 Chapters:  ...7 8 -9- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Five Reasons For Biden's Sagging Popularity

A chapter in the book Biden Fiasco

Twenty-One Percent

by Brett Matthew West


With one poll indicating numbers have slipped to a miniscule 21%, there appears to be five main reasons for Biden's current poor popularity. These low numbers are an area of grave concern for Democrats because of the upcoming 2022 mid-term elections.

They had suffered large losses in the previous two mid-term elections of Democratic Presidents, and believe if Biden's disapproval rating is less than 50% at the end of the year they will probably endure serious seat losses in the 2022 mid-term election.

The emergence of the Delta variant, and resistence of the unvaccinated to get shots, have led to Biden's popularity slide because of a vast increase in hospitalizations and the number of Covid cases soaring again. So have the alleged need for booster shots and the requirement in May for vaccinated people to wear masks inside again. Many people feel Biden is not doing an adequate job handling the pandemic.

The manner in which Biden has failed to control the problems of immigration is anothet reason Biden's popularity is so low. The migrant surge, with numbers exceeding 210,000 illegals crossing the border in July 2021, many with the Coronavirus, places Biden's popularity in the 30% range according to some polls. Homeland Security Secretary Alejando Mayorkas has termed the illegal immigrant problem "unsustainable," and immigration authorities are overwhelmed by the high number of illegals entering the country.

Out of hand major crimes in America's largest cities, particularly with a spike in homicides, could become a campaign deficit for Democrats in the 2022 mid-term elections. The Defund the Police movement has come back to haunt Biden and the Democrats. The seige has lowered the morale of numerous law enforcement officers who are forecasted to vote against Biden in that election. Many young Democrats question whether Biden speaks for the party, or is it possible New York Left Wing Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has the louder voice? In addition, 48% of those polled stated Biden has consistently proven weak on crime and gun control.

With the term Bidenflation (the fact inflation has risen higher each month Biden has been in office) now in vogue, inflation, and inconsistent job numbers, have dogged Biden from Day One of his Presidency. Many of those polled wonder how much those numbers will rise with Biden attempting to pour trillions into the economy? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics a pultry 235,000 new jobs were added in August 2021, which was well below the expected numbers. Also, inflation is at a 13 year high. Some expert economists wonder if the economy has become overheated and Biden's extensive spending desires need to be curtailed to bring the economy down where it should be.

The Afghanistan withdrawal fiasco, and the extremely piss poor way it was conducted, demonstrated Biden's image to be an incompetent leader of the country. More correctly stated, they illustrated what many voters already suspected, that is Biden is not capable of being the President the United States needs. Biden also has received the public perception he alone is responsible for the terrorist attack at the airport in Kabul that slaughtered 13 U.S. servicemembers unnecessarily. Perhaps that became the reason Biden holed up at Camp David so long after the Afghanistan withdrawal concluded?

Information contained in this essay gleaned from several recent polls including those from:

The Washington Post
ABC News
Pew Research Center




Memorial Day 2013, by lynnkah, selected to complement my essay.

So, thanks lynnkah, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my essay.







To read more of my essays click on the blue numbers on the top of the page.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by lynnkah at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.