Essay Non-Fiction posted August 31, 2021 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Biden's Fall-Out From Afghanistan Withdrawal

A chapter in the book Biden Fiasco

Biden's Blood-Soaked Hands

by Brett Matthew West

When the last cargo plane flew over the Hindu Kush Mountains, at approximately 3:29pm, on Monday, August 30, 2021, America's longest war concluded after a chaotic bloodletting evacuation. The end result left an estimated 200 American citizens still in Afghanistan to survive the best way they can.

Where did Biden remain throughout this scenario? The U.S. Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces hid out of sight leaving Americans to find out about the finality of the conflict through the Secretary of the State, Antony Blinken, and Marine Corps General Kenneth McKenzie, the Commander of the Central Command. By the way, the senior ranking military commander in Afghanistan, Major General Austin Scott Miller, symbolically stepped down from his position thereafter.

Biden's main comment, "Now our 20-year military presence in Afghanistan has ended."

Because of the disasterous manner in which the war ended, the armed conflict may have ceased in regards to military action, but for Biden the real problems surrounding Afghanistan have just commenced.

For instance, the approximately 200 Americans who remain in the country. Is the blood of the 13 servicemembers slaughtered at the Kabul Hamid Karzai International Airport not enough for Biden's hands? Suppose he should tell their families that. Only time will dictate how much more of the crimson fluid will join the stains already there.

The resettlement of tens of thousands of Afghan refugees remains another issue to be resolved. Congressional scrutiny over how, despite many warnings, Biden was caught so unprepared for how rapidly the Afghan government collapsed is another.

Biden absolutely refused to heed bipartisan and international advice to extend his August 31, 2021 deadline for ending the evacuation effort. Why? Could it be because for at least the last ten years, Biden believed the war in Afghanistan was futile? Biden also maintained the Taliban destroying the Afghan military was vindication. Further, Biden's turning the page, so to speak, on Afghanistan was a crucial foreign policy objective for him.

The Associate Professor of Government at Dartmouth College, Jeffrey Friedman, perhaps summed up best what many experts on the subject believe when he stated, "For someone who made his name as an empathetic leader, he (Biden) appeared quite cold-hearted in his pursuit of this goal to end this war."

Britian, Germany, and France all fumed at Biden holding tight to his August 31, 2021 withdrawal deadline. Armine Laschet, the leading candidate to become Germany's next Chancellor, referred to the withdrawal as, "The biggest debacle NATO has suffered since its founding." Congratulations, Biden. Once again you have made history.

Several Democrats have called for investigations into what went wrong in the last portion of the Afghanistan occupation and withdrawal. There is also concern about Afghanistan once again becoming a terrorist haven and breeding ground. Should that occur, Americans will have Biden alone to blame.

Biden famously has tried to shift the responsibility for what took place during the Afghanistan withdrawal on the Afghan government's failure to compromise with the Taliban. Among other excuses.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy stated, "Every crisis he (Biden) has faced so far in this administration he has failed." McCarthy also explained correctly, "There was a moment in time that had this President listened to his military, there would still be terrorist prisoners inside Bagram, we would be getting every single American out (of Afghanistan), and the military would not have left before the Americans."

A recent ABC News/Ipsos poll strongly indicated 60% of Americans vehemently disapproved of how Biden handled the Afghanistan situation and that the U.S. should have stayed in Afghanistan until all Americans were evacuated.

Biden opposed U.S. nation-building efforts, harbored deep doubts about the Afghan government's ability to sustain itself, and the deployment of the U.S. military to Afghanistan when he was the Vice President in 2009. That placed him at odds with the Obama Administration. Biden viewed his position as "the proudest moment of his public life."

Biden's speaking in absolute certainties did not aid his cause in Afghanistan. A case in point was Biden insisted Americans would not see anything reminding them of the evacuation of Saigon at the end of the Viet Nam War. In retrospect and reality, the withdrawal from Afghanisran was often referred to as the Saigon Kabul Affair. Recall the scene of the Afghan soccer player who fell to his death from the wheel of a plane trying to flee the country?

Getting all Americans out of harm's way in Afghanistan was Biden's stated objective. Once again, he failed. Instead, Secretary of State Antony Blinken confirmed the presence of a couple hundred Americans who were left behind after the U.S. military's final departure. Does Biden truly believe the Taliban will allow those Americans to leave the country peacefully? Would be very uncharacteristic for the terrorists to do such a thing,

The blood of each one of them that does not make it safely out of Afghanistan rests in one place...the already bloody mitts of Joseph Robinette Biden, Junior.

As Biden himself said, "The buck stops here with me."





Give me a hand, by Chris cole, selected to complement my essay.

So, thanks Chris cole, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my essay.










Pieces of information, and quotes, gleaned from several sources. The commentary is mine.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.