Essay Non-Fiction posted August 20, 2021 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Worst Is Yet To Come

A chapter in the book Biden Fiasco

Saigon Kabul Follow-up

by Brett Matthew West

While Trump, Obama, and Bush must shoulder their fair share of the Saigon Kabul Affair, as many insiders are currently referring to the chaos of the fall of Afghanistan to the Taliban, it is Joseph Robinette Biden, Junior who bears most of the brunt of the responsibility. This singular event may well be remembered throughout the annals of the remainder of recorded history as the defining moment of his presidency. Congratulations, Biden! You are now infamous. Let the limelight shine brightly.

Pentagon Spokesman John Kirby stated, "There is a process to follow." He referred to how the U.S. should have left Afghanistan as well as to the evacuation of Afghanis who aided the U.S. during the course of this twenty year conflict.

For his part, in a more than feeble attempt to reflect the blame for what occurred in Kabul, kind of like a naughty little boy who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar after being told he could not have one, Biden blamed various Afghan leaders, the Afghan National Security Forces, and Donald Trump's May 1, 2020 deal with the Taliban to leave Afghanistan. Somehow, Biden most conveniently said next to nothing about his own administration's blunderous role in the withdrawal.

The need for Special Immigrant Visas for those Afghanis who aided the U.S. military effort in Afghanistan had been a hot button item with many lawmakers for an extended period of time. To no avail because the Biden Administration kept dragging their feet to accomplish this urgent task.

Virginia Democratic Senator Mark Warner, the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said, "Intelligence officials have anticipated for years that in the absence of the U.S. military, the Taliban would continue to make gains in Afghanistan. That is exactly what has happened."

Do not know, but perhaps Biden should check into a good hearing aid, be they low-cost, rechargeable, or otherwise. Perhaps then he might hear what informed sources tell him. Would he listen? Believe you know the answer to that question as well as the rest of civilized society does.

New Jersey Democratic Senator Bob Menendez, the Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, stated, "I am disappointed that the Biden Administration clearly did not accurately access the implications of a rapid U.S. withdrawal."

Doesn't it just make you wonder if someone handed Biden a Bobbie, or cheesesteak, sandwich from Wilmington, Delaware, his favorites, if he could accurately access the food item's contents.

So, how can Biden possibly claim the blame for his failure to accurately access the situation as it stood in Afghanistan does not fall squarely upon him? The bulk of what transpired was not because of Trump's deal with theTaliban, or the Afghanis. This absolute unforced error is on BIDEN'S part and so avoidable. There is no excuse Biden can offer for not knowing better.

For instance, let's examine Biden's strong push to withdraw American troops from Iraq in 2011 as another one of Biden's unheeded forays. Biden has also repeatedly voiced loud opposition to American interventions in foreign, oppressed, countries that asked for assistance from the United States. These happened while, and after, Biden served on the Foreign Relations Committee for many years.

The 2011 Iraq withdrawal resulted in another conditions-ignoring, timeline-based, action that went against the advice of Biden's desire from his higher ups. The results of this Biden-supported debacle? The Islamic State overran the Iraqi army, ISIS, and the U.S. military had to return to Baghdad. Sound eerily familiar to Kabul?

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin advised Biden in March of 2021 of a worst-case scenario for the Afghanistan withdrawal. What did Biden do? The exact same thing that occurred in Iraq. What lesson did Biden learn from that event? Obviously nothing. Biden also honored a deal with the Taliban that should have been voided because they maintained ties with Al Queda.

According to sources close to Biden he was going to withdraw from Afghanistan regardless of what he was advised by the intelligence community and the Pentagon to do, or how to properly perform the stunt. The disastrous results since then have been the most devastating days yet for Biden while he has been in office. Additionally, Biden's approval rating by Americans has fallen 12 points to 46%, which represents the lowest that number has been since Day One of Biden's presidency. And, the worst may be still to come.

No need for Biden supporters to get their truffles in a bunch. Biden himself said, "The buck stops with me."

He is so right. The bulk of the responsibility for the Saigon Kabul Affair does indeed stop with Biden.




Bell Huey, by Mr Jones selected to complement my essay.

So, thanks Mr Jones, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my essay.

Mr Jones is not a nit. He did not place a . after Mr so neither did I.







Some of the information and quotes used in this essay gleaned from various sources.

Opinions stated are mine.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.