General Fiction posted August 11, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I am Grateful For This Talent

Why I Love To Crochet

by pookietoo

Why I Love To Crochet

Why I Love To Crochet

I have been crocheting since I was a teenager. It is a lot of work as well as fun at times. I had a neighbor that taught me how to crochet a ripple yellow and green afghan. which I received a blue ribbon on at the Franklin County Fair. I have crocheted mostly baby afghans, but I have crocheted other things too. I used to belong to a group called Fridgie Hiders. It was fun exchanging things we would put on the fridge every month. I crocheted myself a tan purse, a white winter hat. I made a gray winter hat for my husband. I made red/green potholders, and holiday decorations. I have made blankets for myself and scarves for others. Crocheting gifts for others has been very expensive counting the yarn that I bought, the hooks, and the needles. Many times I had to start an afghan all over again which has taught me patience. I have crocheted an afghan for most of my nieces and nephews, my step-grandchildren, and my step-great-grandchildren. I made a big light blue blanket for my youngest, step-daughter, Michelle, and her husband, Max after they got married. I crocheted an afghan for one of my friend, Amy's sons when he was a baby. I crocheted booties for my niece, Karissa, her sons, Easton and Kruze, and for friends babies. I made booties for my step-great-grandson, Dalton, and my step-great-granddaughter, Kazle.y Kruze's and Karissa's were too big, but he was able to wear his. I crocheted a light blue and white cat blanket. I made a green and white baby afghan for a friend's baby a couple of years ago. The afghan wasn't perfect, but she loved it nonetheless, and so did her son. Inner peace comes from finishing an afghan.



Why You Have A Hobby writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story, minimum of 300 words why you have a certain hobby.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.