Letters and Diary Fiction posted August 9, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
If I could this is what I would say....

A Gift Of Love From Above

by Begin Again













Good morning, Gorgeous!

 

Have I told you I love you? Because I do, and I always will.





 

Do you remember me saying that to you each morning? I couldn’t have imagined a better way to start my day. Your eyes would light up, and you’d smile. Oh, that smile! Of course, I’d have to add some ridiculous comment and break the spell. But that was me, clumsy but completely in love with you.

 

We’d start our morning with a cup of coffee and laughter. You’d laugh so hard that I thought you’d fall off your chair. And then, we’d be quiet until we looked into each other’s eyes, and we’d start laughing all over again. I think it’s one of my favorite memories. I just loved to see you laugh. Just seeing you happy was so special!

 

I know you’re emotional today, but then when aren’t you? Oh, I saw that mean face! LOL. I can see you’re angry because I’m gone. Sad because you’re alone. Lost because we had our lives planned out, and now, well, everything had to change. I hear you when you talk to me, I know you understand why I had to go, but you can’t help wishing I’d stayed.

 

Honey, I know you think you’re alone, but you aren’t. Every person you’ve ever loved is watching over you. Just close your eyes, open your heart, and let them in. They’re there, even your Dad. Everyone’s love is spilling down on you like soft, gentle rain. In the house of the Lord, love shines brighter than any star you’ve ever seen. I bet you never thought you’d hear me talking like that, did you?  

 

I never thought I would ever see Heaven. And honestly, if it hadn’t been for you struggling to make me believe, I know where my home would be. I didn’t realize how much of a battle you fought for me until the Lord showed me a glimpse of my life, the good and the bad. I felt the Lord’s sadness and intense pain when he saw things I did. I saw his love and joy when my life began to turn around. I think the part that struck home the most was watching you, faithfully at my bedside, praying for the Lord to save me. He was standing there with you. Honestly, he was right there with you. It was your love, and the Lord’s that healed my soul and brought me to the Gates of Heaven and all its glory.

 

Of course, your Mom met me when I arrived. She was smiling and shaking her finger at me just like she always did. My first thought was, “I’d messed up again.” There was a beautiful soft glow all around her. It was so peaceful, and the sound of music and voices singing filled the air. I know what you’re thinking, but it’s not so. It wasn’t rock or heavy metal, but, now don’t start laughing, it was the best concert I’d ever heard. An incredible peace overtook me, and I was free of pain. 

 

I don’t have words to describe how beautiful it is here. I saw thousands of angels in a circle, singing and playing lovely music. There were magnificent rainbows and multitudes of butterflies everywhere. The sparkling waterfalls and lush gardens reminded me of you. The pathways are paved with gold and the most beautiful jewels, sapphire, emeralds, amethyst, diamonds, and so many more. But for me, the best is resting on a pillow of puffy clouds with a babbling stream nearby; it is there where I sit and watch you. Some day, I’ll share that spot with you.

 

I’ve seen your struggles with Kaitlyn. I’m not allowed to share anything with you. I’ll just remind you to stay strong, leave it in God’s hands, and keep your faith. He understands and will watch over her, even in the darkest of times.

 

As for me, I’ll always be there in your heart and mind. Your mom and I are so proud of your writing. Don’t give up. At times when you lose faith and stumble, remember how far you’ve come. I know you can accomplish whatever you set your mind to, so dig deep, push forward, and be the best you can be. 

 

I have to go now, honey. I see the rain has stopped, and so have your tears. I hope I helped put a smile on your face. Everyone sends their love. The cardinals are happy to visit you each morning. I will always be there until we meet again.

 

Today, Tomorrow, and Always

I will remain the love in your heart

 

Your Honey

 

 

David Scott Harper

Pininterest.com




Recognized


Today is the anniversary of my husband's death. It was storming outside and my first thoughts were that it was fitting for the day. I couldn't sit on my deck and greet the day; instead, I tried to sit and just remember the good times, the happy times, the very special times. I truly saw how blessed we had been and I decided to write a letter but this time it's what I think he would send to me (or at least I hope). Michael Jessup Sept. 24, 1949 - Aug 9. 2019
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.