General Non-Fiction posted August 3, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
How I Got Lost Riding My Bike

Lost

by pookietoo


When I turned eight years old, my family and I visited my mom's mom in Ogden, Utah. We visited her often. She was very nice to us and always gave us a kiss when she saw us. We brought our small purple bike with a banana seat. My siblings and I thought that we would take turns riding the bike around the block. When it was my turn to ride the bike, I thought I knew my way back to my grandma's house. She lived on Jefferson Avenue. I kept riding and ended up somewhere on Washington Boulevard, a couple of streets from there. I was lost and scared. I didn't know how long I had been riding my bike, and I didn't know when I would be found. I don't how how far away I was from my grandmas house. I felt so alone. I tried to be brave. I felt like crying, but I don't believe I did. Washington Boulevard is one of the busiest streets in Ogden, and there is a lot of traffic on it. I knew that I had to be careful because of all of the traffic. I asked a man if he knew where Ogden was, and he said, "No." I am sure at least an hour had passed before my mom called the police. Boy, I was glad to see them. They gave me a ride back to my grandma's house. I was glad that I was back where I belonged. You can compare this experience to anyone that gets lost and finds their way back home.



Danger writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a true, short story about a dangerous situation you put yourself in. There is no
word count, just make it interesting.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.