General Non-Fiction posted August 2, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Confession to crimes against concision

Bloated and Overblown

by Elizabeth Emerald



It was with the utmost trepidation that I ventured forth to peruse Edit Yourself, by Brice Ross-Larson. It is with profound mortification that I found cited therein,  under the "Cut" and "Change" columns, numerous examples of my oft-used preferential words and phrases.

Chapter One is titled: Fat, one section of which is: The Opening "It."  Per the boldcase in the paragraph preceding, I twice violated the proscription as regards commencing a sentence with "it." Moreover, with respect to its usage herein, and also in the paragraphs above and succeeding, boldcase serves to highlight instances of unwarranted wordiness.

Henceforth, insofar as future editing endeavors are concerned, I *shall* exercise due diligence, insofar as attempting, *whilst* in the ongoing process of construction, to remain cognizant, vigilant, and, need I add, attentive, with respect to maintaining respect for customary and frequently used and utilized usual modes of expression, thus thereby relentlessly seeking to eliminate and purge various and sundry superfluous redundancies, which goes without saying, needless to say, as well as numerous *erstwhile* preferential usagesnotwithstanding which I reserve the right to keep and retain certain specific particular penchants and idiosyncrasies; to wit: the aforelisted trio of three, such as are contained and enclosed within *asterisks*.





 



Recognized


Rainbow Dragons by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.