Biographical Non-Fiction posted July 30, 2021 Chapters:  ...13 14 -15- 16 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Not enough words ...

A chapter in the book Memories of Mastery

Godspeed, Mastery

by Rdfrdmom2




Background
Part of a tribute for Bob Marston, aka Mastery.
When Mastery was writing Falling up the Stairwell many years ago, I mentioned I believed the story to be more autobiographical than he had let on. He private messaged that I was very intuitive. It marked the beginning of a rich friendship between us.

Whenever Bob reviewed any of my writings, I knew I could depend on it being both honest and supportive. Bob always made suggestions to improve one's writing, not to tear it down or to prove his writing superiority. He wanted everyone to be the best writer he/she could be.

Bob was both a sympathetic and empathetic friend. He did not hesitate to share personal stories from his life if he thought they would help me deal with issues in my life. Several times I left Fanstory for long periods of time. He was always one of the first to welcome me back. He would also ask if I planned to hang around when I returned.

Bob and I exchanged copies of some of our books. I will always keep his personal messages close to my heart. More than that, I will always cherish our friendship.

Godspeed, my friend, Mastery. My life was made better through knowing you.



Recognized


I just learned that my wonderful Fanstory friend, Mastery, died on July 8th. I will miss him terribly. A special thanks to avmurray for "Hymn at the End of the Journey."
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rdfrdmom2 All rights reserved.
Rdfrdmom2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.