General Poetry posted July 27, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Tanka Prose 66 words prose and 5/7/5/7/7 syllables tanka

Utopia

by Gypsy Blue Rose


U T O P I A

 

It took hours to get here but now I realize the trip was worth the effort. I breathe in nature’s perfection and let go of all my worries and fears. I’m alone but not lonely. I have everything I need in this sacred moment in time.

 

verdant paradise
enveloped in peacefulness —
the soles of my feet
dig into thick grass carpet
and gratefulness fills my heart 

 




Recognized


TANKA PROSE

Tanka prose is a poetic form combining two modes of writing, verse, and prose. It was created early in the history of Japanese literature, from the 8th to 11th centuries. There are three distinct parts to tanka prose -- title, the prose, and the ending tanka. The title is unique and not repeated in the prose portion of the tanka. The prose represents an instant in time where something is happening. Other than articles and conjunctions, words should not be repeated in the prose portion. The tanka usually concludes the poem. It is a five-line poem with 31 syllables or less written in a short-long-short-long-long format.

Inspired by tanka prose (dawn) by Janet Foor, fanstory
picture from deviantart.com by t1na

Thank you very much for reading and reviewing my tanka prose.

Gypsy


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.