Humor Fiction posted July 24, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Visitors wonder: Secret mistress? Cross-dresser?

Best Not to Explain!

by Elizabeth Emerald



My friend Scott, who is on the board of directors in the National Baptist Convention of America, occasionally hosts visiting missionaries, for a few days at a stretch.

Two years ago, Scott, to his six-month regret, allowed an acquaintance to stay "for a weekend." The houseguest-from-hell dirtied his towels with her mascara, turned the heat up to the max, and flooded the kitchen floor. Karen departed abruptly, without a thank-you, leaving her makeup and several items of clothing behind, in nervy anticipation of another extended stay. (Seriously? Not gonna happen.)

Last month, Scott gave a missionary couple a preview of their quarters two weeks in advance of their planned visit.

He'd forgotten about Karen's abandoned belongings. 

On display were a rack of sequined gowns, an array of lipsticks in sundry shades of scarlet, and a bottle of coral nail polish.

Neither Scott nor the couple acknowledged the flamboyant display of female accoutrements. 

Scott was unsurprised, when, a week after the ill-fated tour, they called to apprise him of a change in plans.  







 



Recognized


When Dreams Go Up In Flames by seshadri_sreenivasan on FanArt THANK YOU!


https://www.google.com/search?q=shades+of+scarlet
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.