General Poetry posted July 23, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Days of old

The kerosene lamp

by Joanne Gill-Maddick

My parents told me stories of back in the day when there was no electricity.

The light from the kerosene lamp helped them see more clearly. 

They worked and completed their chores by the soft glow of the Kerosene light.

The kerosene light  burned brightly through the wee hours of the night.

Times were much simpler though they faced many challenges throughout the years. 

They made the best of what they had through many a hardship and tears. 

The kerosene lamp on the window cell creates a vivid picture in my mind.

Calm serene and peaceful reminiscent of another place and time.

 



An object writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem about any object which you love the most let it be perfume,books,etc.


I love memories of back in the day when we would lose power because of a storm. Mom and dad would light the kerosene lamp. It gave a warm and cozy feeling. Such precious memories. My photo is from google.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.