General Flash Fiction posted July 14, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Charkie tries to win a short story contest.

Short Story Contest

by Raul1


The last rays of the summer sun were disappearing below the horizon as Charlie boarded the train. He entered a Short Story Contest but isn't sure if he's going to win.  He has his ticket.

The deadline for the contest has expired, and now the commitee are checking the entries. He stays confident that he'll be the winner. All he can do is hope for a miracle to happen. In his spare time, he starts to write a story in his laptop. Charlie keeps himself busy. He talks on his phone.

"I think that I did a lot of work in writing. I should relax for a while," Charlie said.

"Take a week off. By the way, how is the contest doing? Did you win yet?" Lydia asked.

"Well, it is okay. I was in first place until I got passed into third place," Charlie responded.

"Sounds like you're in good shape," Lydia said.

"Let's hope so," Charlie said.

"All you need is to hope for the best," Lydia advised.

Charlie boarded off to Virginia to see an old friend. He goes to Lydia's home and they talked about their good memories thay had. They both knew that the virus is still here, and it never left. Charlie isn't living in a normal world anymore.

He enjoys her company and glad he's here. He checked his phone and went to the contest. It has already finished, and sees results in his laptop.

"Guess, what? I've  won first place in the Short Story Contest!" Charlie cried happily.

"Awesome! I am so happy for you, Charlie! Congratulations!" Lydia responded.

It took so many years for Charlie to finally win a writing contest, but it is about time he has one right now. His happiest moment was finally here. He really deserves credit.



Short Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story. Create your own title. (fiction300 words/beg/mid/end )beginning with the sentence:
The last rays of the summer sun were disappearing below the horizon as Charlie boarded the train.


300 words counted. I hope that you enjoy my short fiction story. Charlie has been rewarded in this story. He is fiction. Enjoy!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.