General Fiction posted July 13, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 100 word flash fiction

a single coin

by judester


George slowly rolled his suitcase through the casino lobby. No one fawned over him, knowing that he was not a potential high roller, just another loser heading home, broke and hung over.

As he passed the flashing machines by the front doors, he spotted a lone quarter left in the tray.
He dropped it in the slot and pulled the lever.

Suddenly he heard frantic yelling, then a crash of glass and metal outside.

The casino sign that the workers were hoisting up with a crane had fallen, right where George would have been, if not for that single coin.

 



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.


Thanks to Sgoolsby for the artwork.
Timing is everything folks.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Sgoolsby at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.