General Non-Fiction posted June 17, 2021 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A very good cat indeed

A chapter in the book Cat Tales

Old Age, New Tastes

by damommy


I've told you before about PC's love of a facial and shampoo.  Sometimes, in the morning rush of getting everybody's breakfast treat ready, I wash my own face hurriedly and ignore PC sitting on the counter.

Last night, he wouldn't settle down while I was washing my face, and it dawned on me that he hadn't had his beauty treatment in a couple of days.  So, naturally, I washed his face with a cloth, and shampooed his hair between the ears and towel-dried it.  He was perfectly happy to get into bed after that.  I'm thinking this may become a daily/nightly routine. What a vain boy he is.

Something new I learned about him is he loves pizza.  He's never shown any interest in it before, but Tuesday, my granddaughters came for the day.  We'd had lunch at a restaurant, but later ordered a pizza to have while we played games. 

Lo and behold, PC went into a frenzy.  He never likes human food, and I was amazed at how bent he was on getting some pizza.  I guess this pizza place makes them better in his opinion.  I literally had to fight him for my piece.  Hahahaha.
 
Not only pizza is his new interest.  I knew he loved eating powdered doughnuts with John, but since I don't like them, I don't buy them.  I did buy some glaze doughnuts and found he likes them as well.  Is there no end to what he'll eat these days?
 
Usually, he only wants to see what I'm eating but shows no other interest after he's checked it out.  None of my cats typically eat human food. 
 
PC just turned thirteen last month, and I think his tastes are changing in his old age.  On the day of his bi-weekly shot, I took him to Sonic for a hamburger in honor of his birthday.  He was not the least impressed.
 
So why the sudden desire for glazed doughnuts and pizza?  I have no idea.  I've asked him, but you know cats lie every time.  They keep their secrets to themselves, and nothing and no one can coax those secrets out of them.
 
I wonder what I could find out if I hold the pizza and doughnuts as ransom?



Recognized


It's so hard to get a good picture of PC. He either runs or gets too close to the camera.



Club entry for the "Animal Antics" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.