General Fiction posted June 14, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
unusual tail

Visitors

by mermaids


The aliens land on a field in a small town. It is small town America. The ship is cloaked, invisible to humans. A group of green aliens exit the ship and begin observations to report back to their home planet. The green beings are invisible to humans but not dogs. Alfred is playing in the park with his buddies. It is dog hour at the park.

The humans are all off on park benches chatting away while their canine companions enjoy the freedom of running and socializing with other canines. The aliens are in awe with the quadrupeds and watch them while taking mental notes which are telepathically sent to the home world.

Alfred, an enthusiastic beagle, bounds towards the aliens barking. The wagging tail is of interest to the other worldly creatures. Alfred, the proud show dog, displays his tail to the beings by putting his behind in the air. The aliens examine the tail as if it were a piece of art. Alfred is overjoyed by the attention and poses sideways and backwards to further display his impressive anatomy.

The home world of the aliens is not impressed and sends angry messages to the aliens to stop observing the weird four legged beings and obtain information about humans. More dogs go over to the aliens, tails wagging, barking, and enjoying the new arrivals. The aliens are having a good time and continue to pet the dogs, record the various barks and observe the wagging tails.

The home world is further upset over the lack of recordings of humans who are supposedly the dominant species on this planet. The dogs sit and watch the alien ship hover away into the atmosphere and disappear. Heads are turned sideways as new found friends vanish and the barking ceases.

The aliens feel a sense of sadness as the ship flies away. They felt good being around the canines and many questions were discussed as the ship travelled through space. "What purpose did these creatures have and why the wide variety? Many breeds were present in the group, dachshunds to St. Bernards. And that tail? Was it a propeller?

The wide eyes of the green aliens are full of curiosity. They plan on convincing their superiors to allow them to return to earth to further study the being with a tail.



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. mermaids All rights reserved.
mermaids has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.