General Poetry posted June 7, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
true event

50 Years Ago

by Lulube



I'm not sure what grade I was in, but it was Junior high school, grades 8, 9 and 10. I was a short distance runner, better known as a sprinter and I was a member of the track and field club.

It was during one of the largest local, track meets of the year that I discovered, this special fondness and pride, that grew with the love I have for you, mom.

I was the 2nd runner in the 4 x 100 relay race and as I was walking to my spot I noticed you walking on the infield grass, towards me, standing on the track. The race began and I was waiting for the baton to be passed to me and as I grabbed it, I heard you yelling, "Go Lori, go!' I could see you from the corner of my eye, running with me on the grass. I felt as if I was flying in this race.

This memory has always held a special spot in my heart and I just wanted to let you know. Yes Mom, even though it was 50 yrs. ago, I've never forgotten.

I love you Mom!



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lulube All rights reserved.
Lulube has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.