General Fiction posted June 1, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 200 word story

acorns

by judester


 
Ellie gazed up at the blue sky and listened
to her young daughter playing with dolls in the grass. She smiled silly and got a giggle in return. Young Tommy of course played beneath the willow tree by the duck pond with their dog, a feisty cocker spaniel, Chuck .

She closed her eyes and sighed deeply.
"She begins school already next week, can you imagine? She's so excited."

She didn't wait for a reply from her husband and continued,

"Mom came by last week, she is looking well."

Shadows raced by as thin clouds passed before the sun. The comfortable silence was familiar and comforting to Ellie.

"Tommy is sleeping through the night now. We signed him up for little league last week.
He practices every day."

At that moment, their son called out and she motioned him to come. Boy and dog raced up the sloping hill.

Brushing her pants clean, she reached over and placed three tiny acorns on the smooth marble headstone.

Picking up their beloved daughter, she took the hand of their son and followed chuck, the feisty cocker spaniel to her car and home.

 
"See you next Sunday Tom, miss you to the moon."



200 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of 200 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 200 words.


Thanks to Cindy Sue Truman for the artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Cindy Sue Truman at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.