Satire Fiction posted May 30, 2021 Chapters:  ...111 112 -113- 114... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
shot again

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Second treats

by Iza Deleanu


I'm in for seconds. Yey! Or Yucks! Man, I never felt so dumb in my life and so powerless. I am about to commit the sin of going against my instinct and freedom of choice. People, on 8th of June I am in for seconds, a second jab of the freaking and hateful Moderna. Mom, I am taking this cup for you, because I miss you and I really want to see you.

The last time I was in your tender and caring arms was on 18 October 2019, at my dad's funeral. I was the dutiful daughter that charmed her work place for a legal compassionate leave. That week was the weirdest week of my life. My dad gone to a place where I can't seek his advice, a place where I can't follow and he can't hear me. It's been almost two years, since you've been begging me to come back. God is my witness that I have tried to come last year in June. One week before my departure KLM shot me in the wing and left me anchored in the sad reality of being stuck here far away from you.


This year, let's hope we have a better shot. So for you I am going now to take the second jab in my left winggie. I don't believe in this vaccine and it's against my rebellious nature, but you are the best and deserve the best. So, I will close my eyes and take this bitter drink for better or worse.

I am just hoping if this meant to harm me, it will not affect me because immediately after I will take some holy water and ask the priest to perform an exorcism, you know for just in case and to be on the safe side. Anyway my only consolation: I'm too old to have kids, and if I get cancer, well this is such a cliche thing... better die young, than sorry:)

I am taking this shot, so I can fly. I know it will not make any difference, because I will still have to wear a mask, I will still have to do a test before embarking on the plane, and also take the quarantine when I am back like a pro, in a "federally bribed hotel". All of that "all-inclusive governmentally enforced vacation" will be on my own money and time. Let's hope they don't fire me on account of my having missed work because of this "treat." 


Dear mom, I am doing all of this for you. And if they piss me off, I might decide not to come back. I know your grandcats will not like that, but what can I do? They can go to hell with their stupid rules that have no logic. I am tired of idiots that are forcing my hand and pushing me against the wall.

Dear mom, just in case if I don't make it: I love. I am going in for seconds, wish me luck!


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.