Writing Fiction posted May 21, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Lonely puppies may not be what they seem to be.

A Puppy May Not Be A Dog

by HarryT


I hover over places with sun soaking people. My vampire essence is not a bat, so I’ve no need to hide during daylight. I’m more subtle. In fact, I have the power to turn into birds and animals. I usually scout potential feeding spots as a soaring bird. If it’s a beach I wing along as a seagull, if it is a park in the city, I fly from tree to tree as a carmine red cardinal. After I find potential victims, my most productive ruse is a cute lost puppy. I don’t have to bite and suck to get my sustenance like those horrible bat guys. The life source I need is not blood, but the tangy substance of human salt. I use my tongue to lap the salt I need to survive from healthy, perspiring humans.

Nourishment is available during the summer at pools, parks and beaches. In the winter, I go south. For example, on a sunny beach, I land at an inconspicuous place and transform myself into a sweet little puppy dog. I prance along the sand, sniffing, approaching and then thankfully licking salty sweat from the perspiring legs and toes of unsuspecting people. If I’m really lucky, a pretty girl will pick me up and I’ll lick her sweet sweating face and dip down into the separation between her breasts. A female's cleavage is a treasure chest where the tastiest perspiration resides. 

Refreshed, I transform and return to my life as a sympathetic divorce lawyer.

 



The Variants of Vampires writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
In this contest, come up with a type of vampire that lives on something else other than blood. Write a story (250 words maximum) about this vampire.
Have fun! :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.