Satire Fiction posted May 14, 2021 Chapters:  ...107 108 -109- 110... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Hierarchy

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

What's your status?

by Iza Deleanu


Since Coronella hit us in 2019, we re-learn the game of hierarchy and anarchy. Tic, Tock here comes Coronella and makes the entire globe to "worship her' by declaring it a global pandemic.

Then came her brothers and sisters, the variants that started a wave of hate towards different countries: Brazil, England, India... Please, anybody else waiting to conquer the world?

So what's my status, bro? I am inessential or unessential, so I must stay inside and obey the rules. Even the ones that are essential are not praised as they are supposed to be. Look at your grocery workers, delivery drivers, postal workers, etc.

The only ones officially recognized are the doctors and nurses. Yeah, we know without them will be a disaster.

I am so sad that my spiritual life has been eradicated. The churches are closed. We have been reduced to bare necessities: eat, sleep, and rest. You know the flow. We live day by day, waiting on the governments to give us the green light to be us again.

I am lucky. I have my room where God is welcomed, and he guides me and comforts me in these times where my roots are bleeding. My family is on a different continent, and I pray for the restriction to be lifted. I even took that hateful shot to be with them, and still, my travel lies under a big question mark.

So what's my status? Sunny with a little bit of clouds. Oh, sorry, my status is vaccinated and on lockdown!


 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.