General Fiction posted May 9, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Gifts, big and small, are wonderful to receive but-

Some Gifts Are Priceless

by Begin Again




















“Happy Mother’s Day, Mom.”

 

As I shuffled into the kitchen, my son, Tommy, was waiting with a mug of coffee and a chocolate iced bismarck. I smiled. “Aww… that’s nice of you, son.”

 

His sister, Kathy, rushed into the kitchen and came to a screeching halt. “Oh, Tommy, I wanted to get Mom’s coffee.”

 

“Late as always!” Tommy grinned at his sister. 

 

“Well, I got her a beautiful card. Did you?” Kathy stepped behind me and stuck her tongue out at Tommy. Her usual reaction to her brother was predictable.

 

“Kathy, that’s not very ladylike,” I scolded.

 

“What? I didn’t do anything.”

 

“Really? Then you have a lizard popping in and out of your mouth.”

 

“You do have eyes in the back of your head.” Kathy plopped down on one of the kitchen chairs. “I always get caught.”

 

“By the way, where’s Tammy?” My youngest child was missing in action.

 

“I got her dressed and fixed her hair.” Kathy gloated. “Didn’t want you to have to fuss with her, Mom.”

 

“Well, I told her it was Mother’s Day, and she had to do something very nice for you.” Tommy sneered at his sister.

 

“That’s nice of both of you, but where is she?” A silent Tammy was never a good sign.

 

Before anyone could answer, we heard a loud squeal from outside. All three of us rushed to the door. A large pool of muddy water was growing near the soon-to-be garden. My sweet little princess was smiling from ear to ear.

 

“Happy Mudder’s Day, Mommy.”

 

What could I do but laugh? The blessings of motherhood come in many different shapes and sizes.

 

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU….

 but, if at all possible, stay out of the mud.




Recognized

#49
May
2021


How many of us can relate to this scenario? I know I certainly can!

Have a great day... and that goes for the mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, and anyone else who happens to stop by today. Smiles, Carol

(Men included!)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.