Satire Non-Fiction posted April 29, 2021 Chapters:  ...102 103 -104- 105... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A good cause

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

To lie or not to

by Iza Deleanu

What the heck, obviously I have no choice but to fake it if I wanna make it. I got the age, but not the right condition. Damn it, where it's an asthma attack when I needed it.

Surprise! I decided to become part of the sheep team and get vaccinated. My choices are: Astra Zeneca and damn it, Astra Zeneca with a squeeze of maybe Pfizer...

In Canada, we do things differently. If you want to avoid Astra with age limitations you need to have one of the following conditions: Asthma, heart problems, autoimmune problems (apparently my missing thyroid it's not part of the problem), cancer, chemotherapy... Do you feel me?

My doctor recommended verbally Moderna that is available at 55 pharmacies in Edmonton. So here stars the booking game. The first pharmacy is out of stock and offered me a possible spot on the waiting list under the rubric "Maybe" because I don't have the right age and no underlying conditions.

On the second trial of booking online this time, with the pharmacy, I got a spot for the 3rd of May. Strange they have not sent me a confirmation, so I decided after waiting for two hours for that, to call them just to be on the safe side of the " simulation".

Yup, my suspicion confirmed. My request for an appointment didn't go through. So, because I am an idiot after I got my appointment for the 5th of May, five pm I asked if I need to bring proof of my fake Asthma condition.

Wrong move! They checked me in the system and there was no medication for my condition.

Freaking busted! Then tried my second card which is true. I said that I'm working for the police, they said that I need to bring proof. Thank God, I have an ID card that says police. Please pray for me so I can sneak through.

It's funny, right, I finally decided to get vaccinated and it's not so easy how they advertise it.

If I will make it, my second dose will be in September, maybe?


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.