General Fiction posted April 25, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Colourful

Event of Colour

by Wils


 


It was the event of a lifetime and there was no way we were going to watch it in black and white. We were behind the times as it was; colour television had been in Australia for six years and yet our old-fashioned set still stood as pride of place in our lounge room.

We watched in amazement as the car arrived, its shininess glistening. Her dress sparkled as she made that long aisle walk. The day was as special for us as it was for her.

The world changed the second Lady Diana Spencer said, “I Do” and became Princess Di.

 



Flash From the Past writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story between 98 and 102 words. The catch is that the setting must be a decade that is very distinguishable through the story. for example, if you were to write about our current decade, 2020 to 2030, you might mention the current events, technology, fashion, movies, etc. that are prevalent right now. you may not write about our current decade. :-)

Have fun, and good luck!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wils All rights reserved.
Wils has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.