Self Improvement Non-Fiction posted April 19, 2021 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Why I write

A chapter in the book Complete

Swimming with Seaturtles

by Jesse James Doty



Like the air has been sucked out of a blowup doll, or the covers yanked off my naked body, I feel deflated and exposed for the crummy poet I actually am.

Forcing rhymes out of a natural free verse just to please...both me and somebody else who will read this as a tease of real poetry with all its similes. I do not know why I write. I used to think I knew, but now it all has gone eschew, temporarily.
Draped over reality, I escape civility not knowing who's a utility to lean on.

Cover me with mud, tell me I'm your bud, anything, to help me face the banality of my reality--once again, here I am at the start, not close enough to your heart. I wish to get closer, move over sweet love, and taste my virtue. I'll bet you never tasted anything like it. I love when you answer my call. Even if I have nothing to say, you still pay me attention and tell me, "I'll help see you through this."

What have I done to deserve you? You're so great, and I know, the sum of who I am unnerves you. I try so hard to please you, yet I am myself with you, every single time we're together you tell me I am doing great. How can you relate? Put your feet on a rollerblade and skate. It will prepare you for surfing and swimming with seaturtles...this is your fate!




Recognized

#21
April
2021


This is my first attempt at prose. I would like some help, but please be kind and gentle with me.

I wrote this as a reaction to finding the need to reassess my writing ability.

Thanks so much for reading.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jesse James Doty All rights reserved.
Jesse James Doty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.