General Non-Fiction posted April 18, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
In honor of my husband .....

It's More Than A Beer

by Begin Again




















Today was another busy day on the “Hyde Out” set. But then again, when aren’t they buzzing around in ten directions? Trying to cram a week’s worth of filming into three days takes a lot of planning, shifting, and rethinking when things don’t go as planned.

 

The scenes that Matthew filmed today took place in a country bar. It’s New Year’s Eve, but the bar is nearly empty because every year the bigwig in town throws a party. Anyone who wants to be anyone attends. Two strangers come into the bar for a beer, but certain circumstances lead to a robbery. As one takes off for the car, he hears the sound of gunfire. Oops! That hadn’t been part of the plan.

 

I’ll stop there because I wouldn’t want to give the story away. Let’s say there’s a lot of action and stories within the story. Besides, if I say too much, my son gives me the evil eye, and I shake in my shoes. Not!

 

For me, the story was in the props. When I arrived on set, beer bottles were on the long oak bar and the patrons had  a few too. Now, most people are saying, “So what. It’s a bar, right?”

 

My son had everyone drinking from special beer bottles. The label read, “Mike’s Brew.” Around the top of the bottle was a band. It read, “A Taste of Heaven.” Under Mike’s Brew, it read, “Hand Crafted By The Best.”

 

The beer bottle was in honor of my husband, who passed away a year ago. He supported Matthew one hundred percent and would have been cheering him on from the sidelines regardless of how sick he was.

 

Did it make me cry? Well, of course, it did. But I was also so proud that my son believed it necessary to put a little of Mike in the film too. It certainly wasn’t any ordinary beer bottle. Letting me see them as I walked in was his thank you to me as well. I loved it!

 

So, tonight, I tip the empty beer bottle towards heaven, knowing he’s probably very pleased. I know I am!




Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.