General Fiction posted April 10, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Sea of C's

Cedric the Cat

by Boogienights


Cedric our cat carefully clawed, a hole in mom's brand new settee.

Clearly he didn't consider, how angry that our mom could be.

Cedric came to our cabin to live, ceasing to be on his own.

We celebrated Cedric the cat, clearly happy that he chose our home.

Yet this clawing compulsion just wouldn't do, mom threatened to cast Cedric out.

He shredded the curtains, bed covers too, he was close to eviction no doubt.

He didn't chase mice, he hated to climb, for catnip he couldn't care less.

But when it came to clawing the chairs, as for fun, Cedric thought it the best.

Clearly Cedric couldn't resist, his claws created chaos each day.

We had to stop catastrophic destruction, we just had to think of a way!

One day we saw Cedric claw at a tree, a cedar tree out in the wood.

Content, Cedric clawed for hours on end.

We then thought up a plan that was good.

Dad cautiously cut down a small cedar tree, made it into a cat scratching post.

Cedric the cat was happy to claw, this new post Cedric cat liked the most!

Mom then conceded that Cedric could stay, continue to call this his home.

Cedric was happy, content with us all, with no further desire to roam. 



Choose a Letter contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Boogienights All rights reserved.
Boogienights has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.