Horror and Thriller Fiction posted April 7, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Time moves on, but she watches and waits-

Standing Guard

by Begin Again













“He’s out there!” Felecia pressed her face to the window, peering through the drizzling rain. “Go away. Please, go away.”

 

It had been months since the break-in, but to her it was yesterday. She could smell his rank cologne and hear his condescending laugh. Her skin quivered at his touch. He’d taken more than her virginity, he’d robbed her of her life, her self-being.

 

The yellowing newspaper clipping declared his capture and ultimate death, but she knew they were wrong. He was out there, hidden in the gray mist.

 

Imprisoned by her own mind, she stood guard, watching and waiting.




The Prisoner writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
In 100 words, or less, write a short story--not necessarily a flash-fiction, though it could be--on the theme/subject/topic of 'prisoner'. It could be literal or metaphoric.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.