Humor Fiction posted April 5, 2021 Chapters:  ...97 98 -99- 100... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
the show must go on

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Winners and Losers

by Iza Deleanu


Who are the more prominent winners of Cornella's blessings?

Have you ever stopped and asked yourselves who is winning from our sufferings from this pandemic? We'll let's take a step back and enjoy.

It's really economics. If you want to increase your dividends, all you have to do is create a crisis and a fake demand. That is how it appeared the toilet paper crisis, Lysol, masks, gloves, fresh food, and the obedient working class.

Create the scare and chaos, and you will lead the masses with ease. Then there was a time when we were fighting for bare necessities, and we were willing to pay a lot for any mask we could get our hands on it. I know I was there, and I paid fifty Canadians for a N95 mask and ten dollars for a lame box of Lysol wipes.

Then I learned to make my own disinfectant. The crisis for some of us was a wake-up call and made us quite the inventors. We started to make our own masks and cleaning products, we learned to canned foods and went back to cooking at home.

We learned how to cohabitated with our families in confined spaces. States and countries started to bid and bribe the manufactures for those essential goods. Today we have all of these unlimited on the shelves, but the blackmail goes on. We are fighting for vaccines, and the funniest one is that we are not even sure if those shoots are working.

We voluntarily switched places with the lab rats. Well, it's normal for some people to die because of it. Well, it's okay. It's only nine percent. Yup, what's nine percent? If their dear ones are part of that percent, I am sure they will change the song.

We learn new words: lockdown, Covid19, Corona, variants. We even learned how to pronounce complicated words such as Pfizer... Also, we learned how to wash our hands and assets and how to voluntarily shut down and put our lives on hold. We blindly believe their lies: wait another month, and things will go back to normal? Wake up, people. This is the new normal. We are living the dream.

This virus is here to stay, and we need to create our own immunity and resilience.

So who are the losers and winners in Coronella's era?


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.