War and History Fiction posted March 25, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Rule Britannia

London Bridge is Down

by Lordinajamjar









The off-duty palace guard's eyes were pinned to his cell phone.  He stared at the coded message. 

"London bridge is down." 

Turning to the barmaid he ordered a brandy, raised his glass high and barked out a toast to the stunned patrons.

"The queen is dead, long live the king!"



Dribble Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized


As of early 2017, the phrase "London Bridge is down" was expected to be used to communicate the death of the Queen to the prime minister of the United Kingdom and key personnel, setting the plan into motion.

The codename Operation London Bridge primarily refers to events that would take place in the United Kingdom. In addition to the United Kingdom, other Commonwealth realms where Elizabeth II acts as monarch have developed their own plans for what will happen in the days after her death. These corresponding plans would run concurrently with Operation London Bridge.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lordinajamjar All rights reserved.
Lordinajamjar has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.