Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted March 24, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Journey of an addict's family

Wilderness

by Leann DS

Addiction
Constriction
Affliction
Crack

Numb inside
Loss of pride
Deadly ride
Black

Can't climb out
Filled with doubt
Kick run shout
Cry

Cause us grief
Now a thief
No relief
Try

Ranting raving
Still craving
We're not saving
Release

String unbind
Reclaim mind
His to find
Peace

Discontent
Implement
And repent
Fight

Seek His face
Accept grace
Love's embrace
Light



Rhyming Short Line Poem writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a commentary/philosophy poem that is at least 14 lines long and has lines of 1 to 3 words each. That is, no more than three words per line. Rhyming is required, but the rhyme scheme is up to you.

Topic is anything you wish as long as it falls into the required genre of commentary/philosophy. Poem must be new (never before published on FanStory).


When you love an addict, my philosophy is that you need to release them. You cannot help them. You cannot save them. Only they, with the grace of Jesus Christ, can release themselves from their hell.

When we continue to support the addict, we allow them to steal our money, our security, our other relationships, our health, our faith, and our very life. Then, if they ever find recovery, we will not be in any position to welcome them back because there will be nothing left of us to offer.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Envision at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Leann DS All rights reserved.
Leann DS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.