General Poetry posted March 9, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
To grasp the moral of story please read notes below.

Zebra Crossing Saves Life

by tempeste

wild dogs trap warthog
on road when two zebras cross
~ distraction saves prey ~



Witty animal 5-7-5 contest writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a 5-7-5 Poem. It has three lines. The first line has 5 syllables. The second line has 7 syllables. The third line has 5 syllables again. The subject is a witty animal poem. No other rules apply.


For those that are not familiar with wild dogs and their hunting tatics.....

African Wild dogs, known also as Painted Dogs, live in Africa and hunt in packs of even 15/20 members.

Unlike lions and other big felines the African Wild dog does not suffocate its victim before eating it..this is because being in packs they can kill quite big prey but are unable to suffocate it hence they just eat it alive...starting from the hindquarters..the bigger the prey the longer it suffers. Not something for weak stomach to watch.

This warthog was doomed until it had a stroke of luck ...two zebras crossing by made the pack back off a moment ...enough to give the warthog the chance to retrieve and escape a gruesome death.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. tempeste All rights reserved.
tempeste has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.