General Non-Fiction posted March 8, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
More about my mother

Ethel in a FLASH - Part 10

by Monica Chaddick

Well, well, well...here we are again. Last week my mother decided that she is coming back for a visit. She informed (not asked) my daughter that lives in Orange that she would be returning on Friday and would need to stay at her place, which is where she was staying when she was here before. My other daughter, who incidentally finally found an apartment in Lake Charles, was going out to New Braunfels, Texas to get her and bring her to Orange, Texas.

My daughter in Orange asked that my mother leave her dog at my sister's. The dog is not housebroken and my daughter has carpet. My mother decided to bring the dog, anyway, because she didn't want my sister to be inconvenienced for the few days that she would be gone. No plans were made as to how she was to get into my daughter's apartment upon arrival.

My mother came in on Friday evening. Immediately, she was out of sorts because she had to wait for us to return from Lake Charles so that she could get into the apartment. She was also angry because my daughter had told her that if she wanted to eat the snacks in the house to check with the kids, first.

By Saturday morning, she was ticked off at me because the grandkids spent the night at my house (which was planned a week ahead of her plans). Then she got into it with my son, Dillon, regarding a storage building agreement that they have that she doesn't want to honor. She blocked his number so that he can't contact her, and proceeded to yell at me about him.

By Saturday evening, she had decided to leave this daughter's house (the grandkids were now at the apartment with her, but rather than spend time with them she wanted to leave) and go stay with the other daughter in Lake Charles.

On Saturday night, she got mad at me because she accidentally disconnected a call with my sister and called me, because somehow that was my fault. She will return to my sister's on Wednesday.

Longest four days ever.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Monica Chaddick All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Monica Chaddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.