Humor Non-Fiction posted March 2, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
... and howl, and shriek, and moan, and ...

Let the Wind Whisper Without Me

by Elizabeth Emerald


A Witch of a Wind descended upon us at midnight, shrieking, howling

Scratch 'em. Such windy accompaniments are trite at best; hyperbolic at worst. (As regards last night's wind, they're understatements.)

I am in awe of poets, and prose writers, who manage to construe fresh imagery in the face of temptation toward the stale.

As for me, whenever a wind, especially one that is metaphorical, threatens to disrupt my story, I grab my cast of characters and run for cover. 

Thus concludes the confession of the symbolically-challenged, hopelessly literal-minded, yours truly,

Elizabeth Emerald.


* * * * * *

Given my avowed aversion of the figurative, it might reasonably be inferred from my surname that I am of the leprechaun race.

Not so; I am a faux Emerald, having assumed the moniker when, upon divorcing Green(e), I desired a more vibrant shade.


 



Recognized


Gold, Gems & Stones by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.