Fantasy Fiction posted March 3, 2021 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Life

A chapter in the book Fun-tastic

Conspiracy - part 1

by Iza Deleanu


It's 3050; everything is so relative and in limbo. Who thought that perfection could be so boring? We don't work. We eat and sleep; the rest is too dull.

Wait, somebody already said that before….

I flip my hand up in the air, yup looks normal. I check my pulse, yup still tick-in under my fingers. I shake my head, and slowly a word rolls on: fake? No, wait! Pretend, I must pretend that I am still in a trance, and as everybody else: a cheap copy of humanity. My mission: go door to door and say ice-cream. If they don't react, ignore and move on!

After a short sight, the memories are rolling back. Joane is part of the resistance now and needs to do something to help with the awakening. She already checked out her street, and the response was zero. Somebody spiked the vaccine and left them all in a state of content: forever young and like automats. Young was a relative one. She was one of the lucky ones because she got frozen in this youthful body, others not so.

She was wondering if the oldies will be more receptive to her calls than the youngsters. Some will say that oldies will be a burden, but she instinctively knew that their chance of success would be equal to none without the oldies.

That old population contained all the knowledge that they needed to start over. So, despite checking only people until 40 years old, she decided to give everybody an equal chance. So here she goes, another day with new hope on the horizon. 



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.