General Poetry posted February 9, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A simple time with a simple lifestyle

Remember when......

by Joanne Gill-Maddick


I remember back in the day when I was happy and carefree.
Times were much simpler then there were no cell phones or electronics you see.

We had to make our own fun which wasn't too hard to do.
We often played jump rope and hopscotch and sometimes baseball too.

In the winter we would watch hockey games on outdoor rinks standing in the freezing cold.
Sometimes we would go sliding or skating and playing in the snow.

Things have gotten so modern kids hardly play outside anymore.
Some are fixated on Tv and video games if not they are saying they're bored.

I grew up in the day when God was a part of school.
We had opening devotions every morning, and were taught to practice the Golden Rule.

Our parents taught us to say our grace when we'd sit at the table to eat.
Thanking God for the food we were about to receive as we took our seat.

I'm thankful I grew up in a time when people would communicate face to face.
Today it's a world of changing technology different era,different time, different place.






 



The Good Old Days writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem about "the good old days" as you remember them. Any type, at least six lines


When we grew up we made our own entertainment. We spent a lot of time playing outside. No texting on cell phones. We would talk to our friends face to face. Times have changed so much with technology. No doubt we grew up in a much simpler age. My photo is from google.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.