General Non-Fiction posted January 31, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
small power

I am the Queen

by mermaids


It has been over three years now that my husband and I have shared our home with guinea pigs. Until last Christmas we had four, we now have three after the passing of Yeti, our first guinea pig.
We continue to learn about these little creatures that never cease to amaze us and they provide hours of entertainment. I brought Yeti home from Petco and she stole our heart. My husband felt she needed a companion so off to Petco again to find a new friend for our little darling.

Yeti was always a sweet guinea pig, docile, allowed us to pet her and appeared to enjoy this activity. When I brought Trixie home to be her companion, she was delighted and took on the mother role. Trixie was so small that my husband was convinced I had purchased a mouse. I reassured him our brown and white little girl was a guinea pig.

The most humorous event that took place surprised both of us. Our gray cat Puma entered our bedroom and walked too close to the guinea pig cage. Yeti charged him and our gigantic tom cat flew out of the room, terrified. To this day, he does not go near the guinea pig cage. He remains afraid of them. He is at least four times the size of the guinea pigs.

Even though Yeti is no longer with us, we have the memory of our sweet little guinea pig charging our big kitty who to this day is one frightened puss and will not go near their cage.

The memory brings back laughter.



Recognized


When Yeti charged Puma, it made us laugh and we were also stunned to see how serious she was about protecting the new pig brought into the home.

Club entry for the "That was funny!" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. mermaids All rights reserved.
mermaids has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.