Satire Fiction posted January 23, 2021 Chapters:  ...83 84 -85- 86... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Coronella changes

A chapter in the book The Corona saga

Babies and cats

by Iza Deleanu


The babies that were born at the end of 2019 onwards are considered to be the purest! Hey, don't get jealous. These babies have the craziest immune system. When Coronella arrived, for some of them, everything becomes sterile and out of breath. Their moms couldn't see a doctor properly, and the diet they had been in their mother's womb wasn't the best because most of the available food was frozen. These babies had no love and care because of the no-touch policy. Their birth was a secret affair in which only the mother was involved! The birth room was unusual, with everybody wearing extra body armor. Try to push and scream through a mask; if you do not die in childbirth, then for sure you'll die suffocated.

The moment the child was born, they shelved that bundle of joy in the dad's hands, and on the other hand, the mom and sent them straight home with the order call us only if there is a problem, otherwise scoot! We need the space for Coronei. Those babies have not seen their mother's face since day one. I wonder when the mask will not be mandatory; what will be the babies' reaction when will see their mothers for the first time?

Another problem with being born in Coronella time is that the baby is not used to the sounds of nature; they have no idea what the sun looks like or how it is to be outside. The only thing they know inside out is the sterile room where they are kept, and those two masks figures take turns to care for him.
On the other hand, it was a paradise for kittens the past year and a half. In the first months of the last year, kittens got adopted like crazy. These kitties got so much love and affection that become annoyed. If the dogs felt like in heaven having their master's home, the kitties started a tacit war. They began to sabotage the Zoom and Skype meeting by deciding to sing in the middle of your conference call: meow, meow! Then, they literally started to be kamikaze on the screen, jumping behind your back and giving everybody the birdie. If everybody laughed at the beginning, then your team becomes annoyed with your cat's karate kid abilities.
So, yeah, Coronella changed our lives' order: happy cats, annoyed babies, and masked parents. What will become of our next generation?


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.