Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted January 20, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
shadow life

The Shadows

by Iza Deleanu


I am a shadow, searching for justice. I have been left without my Master and now I am spinning in circles.

I have no identity. You wonder how it happened. Very easy, the bad people wanted to build a house, but legend said that the house will be strong, only if my Master is buried alive inside the wall. So, the evil guys put my Master inside and left me all alone. Now I am going in circles lost and afraid. Can somebody help me?

Please break the wall and let me be with my Master. No Master shall live without his Shadow, and no Shadow shall live without its Master. I cried so much, but they didn't care, because they couldn't see me or hear me.

One day as I was sitting by the river, I met another Shadow. She told me that she lost her Master too. Her Master had drowned, and because she was sitting out of the sun's reach, she couldn't join her Master.

If there is happiness after death, we can witness that it is. Now our Shadows are reunited. There are no more tears, only joy.



Low Reading Level for Teens contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.