Satire Script posted January 15, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
the drama teacher

The Prime

by Iza Deleanu



The room represents the communication room of the Prime Minister. Stupido, happy with a new day where he fooled the masses, goes back to his office to play solitaire. His Personal Assistant enters the room.

Personal Assistant: Mr. Prime Minister, we have a TV conference call scheduled for 9 am. Here is the script.

The Prime: Come on, Jack, I don't need a script, have you forgotten that I was a drama teacher before this job. Whatever I say, they will love it. And once I put my sexy smile on the line, they will forget what I said. You know the journalists adore me. I'm sexy, and I know it. Ah, let me rearrange my kids' pictures in the background. What do you think?

The Personal Assistant: Looks perfect, Sir!

The Personal Assistant: Yes, Sir, you are right. Mumbling: Whatever you sell, they will buy it, no questions asked!

The Prime: Let me put on my compassionate face. He turns and faces the Personal Assistant, pulling a puppy face. So, what do you think?

The Personal Assistant: You are a natural, Sir!

The Prime: Maybe after my third mandate, I will become an actor. It's a pity to let this beauty go!

The Personal Assistant: Sir, it's time!

The Prime opens the door, puts the black mask on, and goes to the podium. Someone in the crowd of journalists shouts:

Justin! Justin! My hero! We love you! You care about us, and you saved us from Covid 19.

The Personal Assistant turns his back to the crowd pretending to read some notes, and says:
" Yup, he saved you from the 19, but I don't think he can save you from 20 and the new edition 21. Keep on voting, suckers; he doesn't give a dime about any of you!"

The Prime: Good Morning, my dear fellow citizens; we are living hard times, and we need to help each other get through this. I promise you that my Government will sustain you economically and spiritually. I have secured... my Government secured enough doses of vaccine to help the essential workers, and by the end of March, we will have more for the rest of the population. Thank you, and have a safe day!

The Personal Assistant: The Primes Minister will answer your question at 10 am in the Q & A section. Thank you and have a great day.

 
The curtains fade in the background.



Write A Script contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.