General Fiction posted January 7, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
punishment

The sign

by Iza Deleanu


I don't understand why am I being punished for love? Nine years ago I decided to save a soul, or so I thought. After nine years, I realized that my sacrifice was in vain. I should've opened my eyes better and looked closely at the signs!

First sign: parents living under the same roof: one confined to the kitchen in the role of the maid, the other playing the master and waiting to be attended. If the dad was buying something, he wanted the money back!

Second sign: Kids, over thirty, were getting their meals in their rooms on a tray in front of the TV. You can hear: "Mom, can you bring me some water? Mom, can you come and turn the light off? Mom can you give me this, Mom can you get me that!" The mom a martyr: born to serve! The kids: brats to survive. I just got the Jack-Pot or better said the Jack-Ass as a partner!

Third sign: Two left feet and no desire to dance, not even pretend dance for my sake!

Fourth sign: Wife left him after five years. She found a guy, good for something!

Fifth sign: Two left hands, Pro in theory, disaster in reality! Let me explain. In theory he knows how to use a hammer, in reality; he has no clue and... breaks it!

Sixth sign: Mirage! The wolf in lamb skin: "I am going to get you, real good!"

So here I am; I travelled to the end of the world to help you heal, after your previous divorce. What an idiot! What do I have after nine years of sacrifice and crying, I got a piece of paper. Sayonara, here are the divorce papers. The moral: don't put anybody above; only God deserves our unconditional love.



A Good Turn Gone Wrong writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Please write a very short story based on trying to help someone, but it's not appreciated. Fun or serious. No poetry.

MAX words - 300

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.