Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 1, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Ramble/Refections

Thoughts on 2020

by barbara.wilkey


I haven't postED a ramble, reflection from Texas for quite a few years, but have decided to do it.

2020 has caused quite a stir:
First, COVID
Second, shutting down the US
Third, riots, regardless of what the media said, they were far from
peaceful protests.
Forth, the election, that still isn't settled and probably never will be.

I've heard many people state that this is the worst year they've ever had and it couldn't get worse. I disagree with that. I've had worse and it can happen again.

1982 -- The year one of my son's was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect and died during heart surgery.
2004 -- The year my mother-in-law shocked us all dying during a church service, and one of the numerous times my husband was deployed, fighting for freedom.
2006 -- The year my husband had his first seizure, caused by the serum gas the Saudi's DIDN'T dump on our soldiers during Desert Shield/Desert Storm.
2010 -- The year I was diagnosed with breast cancer, went through 2 surgeries, chemotherapy, and then radiation.
2015 -- The year my father died. I was a Daddy's girl. I'll always miss him.

In comparison, 2020 has been bad, but I can think of worse. I still have my health as does the rest of my family, my mom will be 89 years old in February, and my seventh grandchild was born in July. My youngest child finally left home and has a teaching job about three hours away.

Please don't think 2020 hasn't affected my family. My son, Jeff, is a small business owner and chef. Guess what, since the lock-downs, he has no income and regardless of what the media says, only large businesses are being helped, small business owners are going bankrupt. But...Jeff, my creative son, started a sanitizing business. He's hired to sanitize the area businesses as they close for the day. He's able to feed his family.

My husband, who spent twenty-three years in the Army hasn't handled the political issues in the US well. He feels the numerous deployments our family suffered through are for naught because the US will not be a free country any longer, that communism will take over. He's cut off all family/friends who don't see the danger our country is in. I have remained in contact with family/friends.

My best friend and I were visiting, social distancing in our cars in the church parking lot, and I asked her, "I pray numerous times a day that God will take charge and settle all of these problems." Her answer, "God is in charge, but He's unsettled with what's happening." I commented, "What?" Her reply, "There are not enough Christians in the US to make a difference." I sighed. "It only takes one." Yes, my faith is being tested. Don't worry, I remain a strong Christian.

I will never say it can't get any worse, because it can. I continue to pray daily for our country and humanity. Please join me.



Recognized

#29
January
2021


These are just a few thoughts. I'm not going to promote it, because I won't have enough to promote my post Sunday. Don't worry about the reviews. I only edited it twice.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.