Spiritual Fiction posted December 26, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
In Your name

My Life with You

by Iza Deleanu


Dear God,
You knew me since day one. I still have not figured out why You chose me for this big adventure called Life. You had so many occasions to take me back, but You never did. Do you remember that time when I was nine months old, and I almost drowned? Well, You saved me, and You gave me the love for the water. I am your faithful fish in this exciting realm. Or that time when I decided to be Dora the Explorer without a safety net? Anybody else could've died in my place, tumbling down the mountain like a pro, but You saved me and gave me the love for the mountains. I am still the crazy and curious Explorer.

Do You remember that day when I decided to check "around the corner" on Drumheller, and the mountain started to crash under me? You heard my desperate prayer and helped me to escape that certain death.

Dear God, do you remember when I had my surgery, and I almost died? For a minute, I thought You would finally take me back and end my sufferings in this crazy world. But You sent me back; my trial was not done!

You sent me to a different country away from my parents to save a soul and make it believe in You. At least, this time, I didn't fail You. He loves You and prays to You.

You took my da
d, but I am not sad because You gave us three wonderful years together, and then You ended his suffering. Those years I got the chance to show my dad how wonderful Your world is: the real and the spiritual realm. I hope You save a spot for him on the Good Side, and soon I will be with him and enjoy Your forgiveness.

Dear God, I must thank You for the wonders and tribulations You send my way. I am trying so hard to live by Your will and be a better person, but I can't be that person no matter how hard I try. I make the same mistakes every time; then, I am running back to confession searching for a miraculous solution. Every time I return to this crazy world with the same motivation: patience, love, and forgiveness.

Dear God, please be with me forever and guide my faith and hope until the end of my days, for better or worse...

Amen!



Dear God, writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.

Recognized

#377
2020
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.