General Script posted November 26, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Request for suggestions for a cat-themed art event.

Meow

by LisaMay


(HELP!! Due to a slip of the finger I've posted this as a script when it's supposed to be a story. How do I change it to the correct CATegory please?)

I am on the organising committee of our local art society. We are putting our thinking caps on for an exhibition to be held in March next year that will be part of the annual Fringe Festival. We held a very successful mixed media exhibition during the Year of the Dog, 2018, with dog-related exhibits, so we figured a cat-themed exhibition would also be a family-friendly event. Our forthcoming exhibition will be called MEOW.    

We’ve had some fun ideas for activities – such as drinking races where kids have to lap up a saucer of milk then crawl on all fours in a distance race around the gallery. A man with a gleam in his eye suggested a room for couples labelled Private Petting – where the kittens for cuddling would be kept.

The event promises to be great fun. What a pity you won’t be able to come and see it, as the New Zealand border will more than likely still be closed to international visitors.

I wonder if any readers have been involved in similar shows or cat-themed craft workshops and could offer suggestions for activities?

I have written the following promotional piece for the festival brochure.

MEOW

A fun-filled feline-themed exhibition of outstanding original artworks – purr-fect for the family!

A fancy feast of felines awaits your viewing pleasure. With a flourish of fantasy and fact, art practitioners present an entertaining exhibition of pussy-themed original offerings, from alley cats to aristocats, cute cuddly kitties, to testosterone toms and mellow moggies. Could you provide a forever home for an amazing artwork featuring a furry friend?

The cat is out of the bag! The Otago Art Society, located in the Dunedin Railway Station, presents an ongoing programme of interesting exhibitions throughout each year. These exhibitions are always of high standard, variety, and appeal. MEOW will follow in this tradition of excellence, but will be anything but traditional! 

Cat Rescue Dunedin is our featured charity for this exhibition. We would really appreciate it if you could bring a donation of tins or bags of cat food or kitty litter to add to our collection box in the gallery. Monetary donations would be welcomed also to assist this worthwhile organisation in their compassionate care for cats.

Come and enjoy the other free events that will be on offer while the MEOW exhibition is on. Let’s see what might tickle your fancy… Do you like stories? Are you into poetry? There’ll be a storytelling/poetry event, and other opportunities to write and share your own poems about cats. We’ll also have craft workshop activities. Perhaps you’d like to make a mask of a tiger or a lion, or a pretty kitty?

Here’s something we know will be popular – there’ll be real kittens at some events! Come and cuddle a kitty-cat. You’ll love it and they will too; it’ll be a great opportunity for the kittens to have some social interaction.

Put MEOW on your must-do list. We promise you’ll enjoy the exhibition or we’ll refund your money. Haha – it’s a FREE event.

 



Recognized


Author's Note:
HELP!! Due to a slip of the finger I've posted this as a script when it's supposed to be a story. How do I change it to the correct CATegory please?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.