Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted November 11, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
season changes

Unforgettable

by Iza Deleanu


Stand up! Go to sleep! Wake up! Damn it! How I hate to have my life governed by these three steps. We both are evolving in time: Spring - my hopes are up in the air. I feel like a beautiful flower getting my delicate head out of the snow. Slowly the sun transfers me in the Summer. Here I feel like a lake mirroring my sweet sky. Then a glow of amber brings my Autumn at the door-step. This is the only season when I feel suspended in time. Only autumn gets me, we both fight to keep the first two seasons as long as possible, but my time shortens and slips through my fingers in the same way as the leaves are leaving my trees barren of color. Witness of our fighting are our poor and precious plants that day-by-day close themselves inside for the harsh Winter.

Winter knows me the best. She mocks me with her cold and icy kiss and promises me a better life next year. Naively, I let myself to be fooled again as I am transported in her crystal cave. Under her magic, I become an icicle watching in fascination how she is clothing everything in white. It's beautiful and impressive.

My head spins and with each year for me it's harder to keep up. If I have to go I prefer to go on the wings of my precious summer. I will be the leaf that flows in the ocean unforgettable and frozen.



Season's change writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story 250 words(beg, middle &end ) about season's change- can be metaphorical or factual. Paint it verbally with wistful memories, profound emotions, lovely landscapes & sprinkle with some humour ! Choose your own title.

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.